Friday, January 22, 2010

Creating Myself Step by Step

Ever wonder how I draw something? This is like the turkey, only more static. I do this because I feel like at certain stages this drawing was more interesting than what I ended up with. Also, yes, I realize this makes me extremely self-absorbed (the picture, not the post).

Ok, so I start by blocking out shapes... kinda.

Then I put some hair in and eyebrows and I solidify the layering on the face.

I honestly think I could have stopped here because I think I nailed the likeness more than I did in the final product. But cool right?

So now I added some highlighting and jacked the right eye (my left) so it looks like my eyes don't line up. They may not in real life either, but I like to think art is a way of buffing out flaws.

So then I messed with the mouth some more, added what looks like some more meddling with the highlights and shading, and made a funny shirt about how I'm King Candy. Ha!

So for better or worse, there are the results of this craziness. I don't know if I lost the likeness somewhere in there or not, but I think it looks enough like me that most people who know me could pick it out of a crowd. I guess more of these experiments will happen from time to time, and maybe I'll try my hand at color some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment